The program is designed for students aiming at pursuing an entrepreneurial career. It allows them to initiate and carry out genuine entrepreneurial projects.
The program consists of two main tracks: Entrepreneurship (tech) and Intrapreneurship. It offers an unique opportunity to turn students` technology business ideas into successful start-ups (Entrepreneurship (tech)) yet to develop leaders and professionals inside the innovative ventures (Intrapreneurship).
Information & key facts
Admission requirements: Candidates are required to hold a Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in any subject area, all applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency at B+ level
Admission tests: Examination and interview in English language with program coordinator (option – via Skype)
Admission procedure: Written online application. International applicants may find additional information concerning admission at the official website of SPbPU english.spbstu.ru
Duration of program: 2 years
Tuition fee: 321800 rubles a year for international students
Master degree program: “Technology leadership and entrepreneurship (International educational program)”
Area of study: “Launching and managing knowledge-intensive production”
Award: Master of science (MSc)
Mode of study: Full time
Why Technology leadership and entrepreneurship program?
- Possibility to choose the most suitable educational track for you:
Track №1 – Entrepreneurship (tech)
Track №2 – Intrapreneurship
- Start-up accelerator for students who will take track №1. Moreover, we provide mentors for students who want to make their own start-up
- Possibilities to do an internship in Russian leading technological companies: CML (http://en.fea.ru/), BIOCAD (http://biocadglobal.com) and others
- REAL PROJECTS: unique opportunity to start and develop your own business or to take part into the real industrial project
- Leading Russian and international professors, coaches, business angels and guest lecturers will help students to build entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial career
- Experienced coaches and mentors will help and challenge you on the way to make a successful career
- Wide range of opportunities for international mobility (a semester abroad in Germany, Finland and other countries)
- The program has a supervisory council which includes leading experts in innovative and industrial business.
- This program takes place in St. Petersburg, one of European`s most beautiful university towns and a high-tech hotspot in Russia. Students will live and study in the designated “cultural capital” of Russia.
Are you curious of starting career in innovative technology sphere?
We are ready to teach you how to think and act like an innovative entrepreneur or how to be an intrapreneur in high-technology ventures.
Taking into consideration the emergence of new technologies and constantly changing of our environment which leads to uncertainty, there is a huge need for people with entrepreneurial skills who can answer these challenges. Companies are looking for employees who can generate new ideas easily, ready to learn fast and to adapt easily for everyday changing situation.
This program gives you the unique opportunity to start and develop your own business while study at the university with the support of the best experts in technology entrepreneurship. If you don’t have business ideas at the beginning of the master program, you have an alternative to learn how to be intrapreneur and to work within already existed business.
The first term is a broad view on what you will do during your master. Firstly we provide some courses for personal development. You will know how to be a leader and find your own way in the world. Every educational module is reflection of studying philosophy “Learning by doing”. All students will get a possibility to work in a team.
Starting from the second term we divided program into 2 tracks: Entrepreneurship (tech) and Intrapreneurship. Now you may continue working on your own idea or start learning about intrapreneurship. During the whole semester students from Track №2 will have internship in the already existed project. Students from Track №1 will work on their own projects.
Running into the third semester you have to make decision which track is more convenient for you. You continue working on your business project or developing existed project. All students will learn how to internationalize the business and make it successful in global market.
The final term is time of working hard on your master thesis. Your master thesis can be a business plan of your venture, a consultancy plan for a company or research work on Technology Entrepreneurship.
• Russia – CompMechLab (Russia`s leading engineering center)
• Russia – BIOCAD (Russia’s leading innovative biotechnology company)
• Russia – Russian-German Center for innovation and entrepreneurship “Polytech Strascheg”
• Germany — Strascheg Center for Entrepreneurship, Munich University of Applied Sciences
Tuition fee for international students : 305000 rubles a year
Tuition fee for Russian students : 244800 rubles a year
Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
Institute of Advanced Manufacturing Technologies
Graduate School of Technology Entrepreneurship
Russia, 195251, St. Petersburg, Polytechnicheskaya str., 29AF,
Scientific-research building, G. 3.10
+7-921-9995295 (Program coordinator: Vladimir Shchegolev)