The program is designed for students aiming at pursuing an entrepreneurial career. It allows them to initiate and carry out genuine entrepreneurial projects.
The program consists of two main tracks: Entrepreneurship (tech) and Intrapreneurship. It offers a unique opportunity to turn students` technology business ideas into successful start-ups (Tech entrepreneurship) or to develop leaders and professionals inside the innovative ventures (Intrapreneurship and digital transformation).
Information & key facts
Admission requirements: Candidates are required to hold a Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in any subject area, all applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency at B+ level
Admission tests: Examination (economics of enterprise) and interview in English language with program coordinator (option – via Skype)
Admission procedure: Written online application. International applicants may find additional information concerning admission at the official website of SPbPU english.spbstu.ru
Duration of program: 2 years
Tuition fee: 321 800 rubles a year for international students
Master degree program: "Technology leadership and entrepreneurship (International educational program)"
Area of study: "Launching and managing knowledge-intensive production"
Award: Master of science (MSc)
Mode of study: Full time
Why Technology leadership and entrepreneurship program?
- Possibility to choose the most suitable educational track for you:
- Track №1 – Entrepreneurship (tech).
- Track №2 – Intrapreneurship and digital transformation.
- Start-up accelerator for students who will select the first track. Moreover, we provide mentors for students who want to make their own start-up.
- Possibilities to do an internship in Russian leading technological companies: CML, BIOCAD, AGC and others.
- REAL PROJECTS: unique opportunity to start and develop your own business or to take part in a real industrial project.
- Leading Russian and international professors, coaches, business angels and guest lecturers will help students to build their entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial career.
- Experienced coaches and mentors will help and challenge you on the way to make a successful career.
- Wide range of opportunities for international mobility (a semester abroad in Germany, Finland and other countries).
- The program has an Expert Council, which includes leading experts in innovative and industrial business.
- This program takes place in St. Petersburg, one of the most beautiful university towns and a high-tech hotspot in Russia. Students will live and study in the designated cultural capital of Russia.
Are you curious about starting a career as an entrepreneur in the innovative technology sphere?
We are ready to teach you how to think and act like an innovative entrepreneur or how to be an intrapreneur in high-technology ventures.
Seeing that a great number of new technologies is emerging and our environment is constantly changing, leading to uncertainty, there is a huge need for people with entrepreneurial skills who can find an answer to these challenges. Companies are looking for employees who are able to generate new ideas, are ready to learn fast and to adapt easily to rapid changes.
This program gives you the unique opportunity to start and develop your own business during your studies with the support of the best experts in technology entrepreneurship. If you choose not to pursue your own project, you have the option to learn how to be an intrapreneur and to work within an already existing business.
The first term is a broad view on what you will do during your master. Firstly we provide some courses for personal development. You will learn how to be a leader and find your own way in the world. Every educational module is a reflection of studying the philosophy “Learning by doing” with a focus on practical skills. All students will get a possibility to work in a team.
- - Global group project on business design (global entrepreneurship).
- - Opportunities recognition and ideation of technology venture.
- - Design thinking and business models.
- - Leadership, communication skills and teambuilding.
- - Markets and technological trends of future high-tech industries.
- - Organizing knowledge-intensive production.
- - IP-management.
Starting from the second term we divided the program into 2 tracks: Entrepreneurship (tech) and Intrapreneurship and digital transformation. Now you may continue working on your own idea or start learning about intrapreneurship. During the whole semester students from Track 2 will have an internship in the already existing project. Students from Track 1 will work on their own projects.
- - High-tech product lifecycle management.
- - Project management in knowledge-intensive production.
- - Commercializing advanced technologies and venture business planning.
- - Analytical methods of decision making and entrepreneurship research.
- - Entrepreneurial competencies development for the organization a technology venture.
- - Innovation management and open innovation / Ecosystem of technological entrepreneurship.
Running into the third semester you have to make a decision which track is more convenient for you. Both tracks are focused on co-creation education. You continue working on your business project or developing existing project. All students will gain cross-cultural skills and learn how to make their business successful in the global market.
- - Value creation, differentiation and sales.
- - Marketing of innovations. Innovation supply chain management.
- - Finance, evaluation of projects and venture capital.
- - Educational foresight: Entrepreneurship and Digital Transformation.
The final term is reserved for the writing of your master thesis. Your master thesis can be a business plan of your venture, a consultancy plan for a company or research work on Technology Entrepreneurship.
- - Practice. Preparation and defence of master's thesis.
What skills do students get?
If you choose to study in this program, then in addition to a master's degree, you will receive:
- Knowledge of strategic management of the processes of organizing and planning knowledge-intensive production.
- Skills for recognizing opportunities and ideation of a technology venture.
- Ability to generate new ideas (creativity).
- Leadership and communication competencies, the ability to organize and manage the work of a team, developing a team culture strategy for achieving goals.
- Ability to apply and commercialize advanced manufacturing technologies.
- Knowledge of commercialization of technological projects and development of organizational structures to support technological entrepreneurship.
- Skills in developing technology startups, including business planning.
- Ability to understand the main problems in the subject area, choose methods and the means to solve them.
- Skills for the launch and development of knowledge-intensive products.
- Ability to conduct research in the specified industry segments and knowledge of market research methods and tools.
- - Shchegolev Vladimir, Director GSTE, PhD, EMBA.
- - Gavrilov Dmitry, Operations Management Coach, CPIM, CSCP, C LTD, SCORP, APICS CPIM Master Instructor, APECS Lead Instructor, APICS Associates LTD Instructor, APICS Junior Instructor Training, Fresh Connection Instructor, APICS Member.
- - Kolosova Olga, Professor, PhD.
- - Kireev Artur, Deputy Director for international activities, PhD.
- - Evseeva Oksana, Director of the Center for Information and Software Support of SPbPU, PhD.
- - Efimov Alexey, Director of the Russian-German Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship "Polytech Strascheg", PhD.
- - Rozhdestvensky Igor, International-level expert on venture capital, PhD;
- - Dmitry Makarov, Expert of international level intellectual property management.
- - Lichy Jessica, Professor at IDRAC Business School, Lyon (France), PhD.
- - Sailer Klaus, Director of the SCE Entrepreneurship Center, Munich (Germany), PhD.
And many others.
- Russia – CompMechLab (Russia`s leading engineering center)
- Russia – BIOCAD (Russia’s leading innovative biotechnology company)
- Russia – Russian-German Center for innovation and entrepreneurship "Polytech Strascheg"
- Russia — AGC (one of the world leaders in the production of glass)
- Germany — Munich University of applied sciences
- Finland — Lappenranta University of Technology (LUT)
- France — L’École 3A (ESCD)
Tuition fee for international students: 321 800 rubles a year
Tuition fee for Russian students: 264 000 rubles a year
Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
Institute of Advanced Manufacturing Technologies
Graduate School of Technology Entrepreneurship
Russia, 195251, St. Petersburg, Polytechnicheskaya st., 29AF,
Scientific-research building, G. 3.10
- Program coordinator: Vladimir Shchegolev
- +7 (812) 591-65-28
- +7 (921) 999-52-95